Saturday, January 2, 2021

Shutdown Nonsense & Fails - Irresponsible Words & Orders

After publishing my last post, I remembered a thought I had, that zipped out my old brain and didn't make it in.  I figured I'd add it to a future post if I ever got answers to the questions I posed in my previous post.  The questions were basically Why's, surrounding the logic of not allowing the Zoo to open.  

So, in addition to the previous Why? questions, the one that didn't get into the last post, is also quite a big issue point.  I think it's important that City Officials give us something more than "Indefinitely".  In their mind, What is Indefinitely? Weeks, Months, until everyone is Vaccinated?  Because the surges WILL continue.

I've written before about my issue with those who do not wear masks or practice distancing.  I think that non-compliance is the main contributor to the situation continuing, and its continuing because while our Government Officials are telling us to do these simple things, there is no repercussion for those not doing them.  So, the Shutdowns at this point seem to be nonsensical.

In my opinion the middle finger being given to mask wearing and keeping a distance, is directly related to the Shutdowns, which is related to the Zoo remaining closed.  

I usually avoid stuff that comes my way from the Rec and Park, because I have an issue with that Department in regard to it's relationship with the Zoo and there's always something that's going to irritate me.   Anyway, I ended up on their site after clicking through an email, and saw this.


screencap from Rec and Park website.

With all the looks of sheer disgust on the face of the Mayor as she talks about surges and pleads for people to follow guidelines, this is ... I would say unbelievable, but is anything these days really hard to believe?  

In addition to the self-entitled epidemic, that is perpetuating the Pandemic, our Rec and Park Dept is telling people to only Wear A Mask on essential outings!???  WTF? 

After reading that, I went to the Health Dept site to see what the "Orders" actually say at this time, as they have changed since the begining.  Not sure how they can call them Orders if they are not mandatory or enforced, but hey, let's just add that to the long list of curiosities.

They were updated December 22, 2020.  At one point they previously said, Face Coverings needed to be worn at all times when outside, including while jogging, bicycling,...  I remember this because those things were exempted in the original Order which I found asinine.  So, when I saw this I was like, oh good.  Not sure why I thought that, like behavior or consequences would change.   Silly me. 

Here is two screencaps from the Health Dept website.  

Seriously my brain hurt after reading this.  Is this crazy talk or am I missing something?

First, using the word Generally and then going on to say we must 'redouble mask commitment'???  Seems to be contradicting. 

Then as referenced in A and B saying only when within six feet, yet one can be walking in the Park and a jogger will come by, within two feet, huffing and puffing, often coughing, with NO mask or attempt to distance.  That is just one example of too many as to why this reads ridiculously.  I get assaulted by no maskers just walking out my front door.  In a City like SF, people don't know when they will cross paths or round corners with others.  If Officials actually wanted to end this, these Orders would read, Masks at all times in public.   No exemptions and definitely none of this six feet crap.

There are many documented tests found with an easy internet search that notate saliva particles travel farther than six feet. This article from National Geographic notes up to  twenty-seven feet!  Which reminds me that one version of the Orders noted six feet with masks, and thirty feet without. The article also mentions the seldom talked about aerosol particles that linger in the air. Which means when a no masker is say jogging ahead of you, you are walking into their particle path, same as when you walk by outdoor dining areas.  

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-sneeze-fluid-dynamics-in-photos/

I seriously do not understand how the Health Dept came up with those Orders.  These Order notations are irresponcible, and not practical in theory.  Paired with no repercussion for non-compliance, it's clear why the City is in this position.

My only conclusion, after nine months of this is Officials clearly don't really care what anyone does. What other explanation can there be?  

So, Why are we being tortured with these Shutdowns?  

Nothing makes sense and I'm sick of it. 

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*




No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.