Sunday, January 17, 2021

When Will The Zoo ReOpen? - Shutdown Update

I previously posted about what I consider an illogical thought process about how businesses were categorized for opening during the shutdown.  I noted that I planned to inquire about this and also what "Indefinitely" might look like, weeks, months, until everyone is vaccinated...?  I only got to the later.  I inquired and got an answer from someone I know in government, but didn't get to posting the information right away.  It has since been in the news, so some of you might already know, or had previously understood the situation.  Myself and many I know didn't. 

The Open status of businesses is determined by the State.  San Francisco is unfortunately in a Bay Area grouping that includes eleven counties.  In order for the Zoo to open, the Bay Area ICU capacity must be at 15%.  

This is the best online source I've found to check daily status:

https://abc7news.com/bay-area-icu-capacity-hospital-california-stay-at-home-order-santa-clara/8478535/

So, while SF is currently at 24%, down from 35% earlier in the week, the BA as a whole is at 6%, which is up from Monday when it dipped below 1%.  ... Lots of fluctuation over the course of a handful of days, but staying overall low.

With low numbers, for over a month, I would be surprised if the Zoo is able to open before Summer.  I hope my assessment is wrong, but seems like were screwed til a good number of the masses are vaccinated, since we can't count on the majority of people to follow safe practices.

As I've said before, it's my personal opinion that this Pandemic has dragged on, because of the No Maskers and non-Distancers.  So every time I see someone non-compliant with the guidelines, I look at them as the reason why the Zoo can't open.  The reason why we are heading into a year of not being able to live our lives normally.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.