Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Zoo To Open Playground on Saturday?

 Well, this is curious.


I've been checking the Zoo website to see if anything changes, aka the City comes to their senses and allows the Zoo to open.  If you have read any of my previous posts about the Zoo being shutdown, you know I have an issue with the Health Dept's decision to keep the Zoo closed when, not only are other Park places open, but other places that in my opinion are far more risky.

One of those risky places, would seem to be Playgrounds, but the powers that be statewide seem to have a different notion.  If I was a parent of a human, a communal area would not be my comfort zone, but I'm not, so that's for parents to decide.

That all said, considering my previous take on Playgrounds, it's a real head shaker that the Zoo Playground can open but the rest of the Zoo can't.  Its not a Zoo issue,  but a City/State one.  It makes no sense that people can go to the Playground, touch all the surfaces, yet people can't walk through the Zoo and view the Animals?

It's also curious that the staff expense to facilitate entry, sanitation, etc, would be cost effective since only Members are allowed in.  It's actually too bad that this wasn't allowed before Christmas as I suggested in an earlier post.  Members could have come to Entry Village, saw the Holiday Decorations, place online orders from the Gift Shop, and pick them up in person, as well as a few other ideas, that could have brought in a bit of revenue, while providing something for Members to do that was Zoo related.

Anyway, if you're a Member and want to go to the Playground go to the website's and choose one of the four available times.  There was only one ticket in each time slot, so space must be on a very limited basis.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on playgrounds. If I had a child I would not let them play in a playground at this point. I also find it curious that the zoo is open for this. It's not a money maker and risky. Your idea for the entry village at Christmas was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andie! Thanks for your comment. ... I know, it was weird that the State even bowed to this. It was not only not in line with other mandates and guidelines, but in reference to the Zoo, it didn't seem like it was cost effective during a time when funds are assumingly tight and should be only used for essentials. ... Thanks regarding the idea. There's alot that could have been done over the past year, and unfortunately we have seen next to nothing come out of the Zoo.

      Delete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.