Wednesday, January 10, 2024

2024 or Bust!

Happy New Year everyone!  Hoping everyone is feeling like 2024 will be a good year for alot of things.  The past month has been good to me, and I left 2023 feeling a sense of rejuvenation in my life.  I have mentioned over the past couple years, I've had some tough times that have left me among many other things, with no energy to be consistent with this blog.  I've needed to follow-thru on a couple things Zoo related, as well as wrap-up all the posts in draft, that I've referred to in the past.  As we head into the sixteenth year with Tanya Peterson as Director of OUR San Francisco Zoo, for me it's this year or bust.  For me personally, it's sorta stepping back from the need I have to document everything.  Fifteen years is a long time.  I got other things to get done.  I will never stop caring about the Animals or the Zoo, or being vocal about issues, I just may have to stop being so consumingly passionate for a seemingly lost cause.  The Zoo under Peterson at the helm is continuing to circle the drain, and the Zoological Society, and City let it happen.

The goal of this blog has always been to document all the things not right at the Zoo.  I feel if I'm not a voice for what goes on there, no one will be, and the silence lends to not only the lack of knowledge to everyone outside the walls, but the inability to hold the responsible parties accountable. Those responsible parties are the San Francisco Zoological Society Board and the San Francisco Recreation and Park Dept.  Those parties are supposed to be managing entities, which by my definition of that means, they are the checks and balances.  They are supposed to be unbiased in monitoring Director Peterson's management of the Zoo, not let her make decisions that among so many offenses, have led to Animal Welfare issues, and non-existent funds for Needs. Neither the Society or the Rec/Park has fulfilled that responsibility in the fifteen years I've been monitoring the Zoo. I will expand more on this in an upcoming post entitled, Pyramid Of Power, which also details how the Society enable and supports bad decisions, by ignorance and pushing their own personal agendas.  In short, it's a nest of mismanagement that needs reconstruction, starting at the top.  Because seriously, how much longer can our Zoo survive under the same management conditions of the past fifteen years?

Even when I'm not actively in a space for writing posts, I'm constantly making notes.  The Zoo is always on my mind and there is something daily that pops into my mind, whether it's words to use in a blog post or an idea for making the Zoo better.  All these thoughts usually go on my messenger and then I transfer to note pad.  At this point there are way too many notes, here and there to read through for the most part, so for much of the upcoming posts, I'm just winging it.  Certainly all of this post is just as it's flowing from my mind.  There was no real preconception, past the title and a brief thought about the new year.  So, I apologize if I get to rambling, as I have always tried to make posts as concise as possible, while presenting information completely.  I'm also trying to cut down on the time it takes.  Posts usually take an average of six hours, some less, but unfortunately some longer.  This one has gone past three hours now.  With 784 posts to date on this blog alone, without illustrating the route to answer, that's over two years of working full-time. It's alot, and probably rivals if not supercedes the avgerage amount of time our Zoo Director works.  That said, even if after all these years and efforts, I still feel like and seem to be the only person, inside and out who is willing to be the face of the truths, at least most of the truths are out there and documented.  I have had multiple Zoo related blogs over the years, but this one has been the main one for over ten years and my voice has been heard through over 250,000 views.  

blog stats from today

So to wrap-up this post and move on to the next on the list, I'll note my intention at the moment.  If I had continued on with my posts from November, I would have done some additional Animal updates, then previous post follow-ups, then the whole blog wrap-up which will be kicked-off by finally finishing that damn Madagascar post that I started in 2018!  So, now that a couple other things have come to my attention, my plan is to do those newer, timely ones, then get back on course with the old plan, starting with the Animal updates.  But, who knows.

Anyway, Cheers to all who cares about our Zoo Friends and Zoo.  And let's all hope 2024 see's our SFZoo going in a new direction.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.