Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Will People Line Up Along The Broken Down Fence To See Pandas At The Zoo?

So yeah, I finished my last post, had dinner and decided to read some of the other news articles.  I read about eight and watch a few News videos.  The only other new information I got, was the Mayor saying, "You know how people line-up over night to buy tickets for Beyonce, the same thing, that's my hope.  People lining up overnight to go see these Pandas".

My question is, does her vision include people lining up along the Zoo's broken downtrodden shitty third world looking fence?

Seriously, I'm not trying to hate on the Panda thing, I love it, but not for the current state of our Zoo.  People with authority to make sure the Zoo is consistently on track, should have done so a long time ago.  Instead no one has cared and our Zoo is now in dire straits. The City defers to their Rec and Park Dept, who does nothing.  The Zoological Society, defers to Director Tanya Peterson.  Director Peterson has mismanaged the Zoo from the start, and has gotten away with it because no one cares.  

Upon seeing a new fence going up around the Botanical Garden, I saw there was an actual fence program in progress and inquired if the Zoo could get a similar fence, showing the state of the current one.  You would think considering the Zoo is in the Rec and Park Dept they would qualify.  The program manager said No, the Zoo can pay for it themselves!  Unreal and Disgusting.  The Rec and Park, is constantly renovating and creating Playgrounds and pocket parks, yet they can't help the Zoo replace a damn fence?  They should be ashamed for both allowing a place in their Dept to look like this and for not wanting to help when they could have.

I took an update video of the perimeter fence mid-December.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsh6P1n9HRA&si=X32fSRGGAJeODsNq

I know I'm a broken record with this damn fence, but everytime I see it, it upsets me.  I shows just how much no one cares.  This fence has been like this the whole time Director Peterson has been there.  She should be ashamed, but shes obviously not, because she doesn't care. If I was Director, I'd knock this damn thing down myself, day one! ... And if the Rec and Park had put up a fence like at Botanical Garden, graffiti would not be an ongoing issue.  The lack of regard and respect for the Zoo sickens me.

While I'm noting the fence, I might as well play my broken record about the Rec and Park's lack of care for the Bison Paddock.  The sprinklers are still broken, even though they were allegedly fixed.  The Bison meadow was shitty all year, brown and dried out, until it rained.  The Bison had no green to graze on.  

Search this blog for "Fence" and "Bison" to read more.  Like the time this graffiti was left up on the fence for a week, till I finally made a call.  Why was I the one who had to get it taken care of?  


Ok folks, its heading toward midnight, that's it for the day.  I worked over eight hours on three Zoo posts.  Wonder how many hours Director Peterson worked for the Zoo today?  No one will ever know, because no one monitors when she works and she gets paid no matter how little she works or how much damage to our Zoo she does.  She can't even call in to the monthly Joint Zoo Meeting that lasts an hour, eleven times a year.  I'd seriously like to know what she does to earn over $350,000 a year.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.