Friday, June 8, 2012

Monday June 4, 2012 - Visit

Elly Has Been Oiled!  YAY!


Quick walk about, and news is, Miss Elly has been oiled!  Thank you!  

Elly had started looking chalky two weeks ago.

The last time she was oiled was the week of  April 29.  I have been posting photos of her in every visit post.  Mostly for the reason that she is pining for her passed companion  and  in recent visits, I have included mentioning the state of her skin.  I did a pretty lengthy posting on another blog (see below) about this as she had gone months without being oiled to the point she ended up with sores on her skin.  I don't want to see this happen again. 

In my last post, which was Friday June 1, I said,  "..maybe you will get oiled next week."   ... Guess I'm running the Zoo once again.   Its getting ridiculous that there are Zoo Staffers and yet there is stuff that goes either unnoticed or neglected?   Only to get done when pointed out by someone who doesn't even work there.  Maybe you need to hire someone who knows the Zoo, knows the Animals, has common sense and can point these things out, because obviously the people already working/volunteering there have no clue.  I'm still in shock about seeing that Snow Leopard training platform in that state and knowing it had been that way for a year!  


Seriously SFZOO, she needs to be oiled every four weeks.  Why is it you can't do this for her?  She has given you at least 14 babies, possibly a few more.   That means she was pregnant over 15 yrs of her life.  That seems like an excessive amount,  but she did it and she deserves to be pampered for life.  She wasn't being lazy while popping out those offspring for you, so don't be lazy with her care.  Why is it she only seems to get oiled when I blog about it or contact Animal Welfare and Control?  


My other posts:



Not much more to say.  I posted photos to my photo-site and am trying to upload some videos :)

http://iamnotananteater.shutterfly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.