Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Zoo Outtings Synopsis - Sunday February 9, 2014


> February 8, 2014 -  Another curious thing is when I made my Year of the Horse post featuring our wonderful Farm Friend Ben, I checked the Zoo's site and neither the banner or the Calendar had a mention of a Lunar event this year.  I thought they just weren't going to do one this year.  Maybe they weren't?  Who knows.  Anyway the Zoo posted to their Facebook page a few days ago.  It will be tomorrow.  In anycase, I must every year post about this because I feel strongly that the Chinese New Year traditional Lion Dance should not be a part of this event.  The sound volume is too loud for most of the Animals.  I have witnessed this several times, yet it seems that having it be a part of the event continues to be a priority over Animal Wellness.   Please read my extended post 
> February 8, 2014 - Zoo Friend Birthday Celebration!? ...  Very interesting and curious I must say!  The Zoo rarely recognizes, let alone Celebrates the Birthdays of the Zoo Friends.  In the post on my other blog, http://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2014/01/happy-birthday-gladys-cincinnati.html  I wrote a bit about the SFZoo's history in regard to this, as well publicly put it out there as a <hint> that they should do one for Jillian the Tiger Cubs First Birthday on Feb 10th.   Did I shame them into it?  Who knows, but stop by the Zoo on Monday morning at 10:30a as they give her some special Birthday Treats!

> February 7, 2014 - Zoo Friend Birthdays Today!

Happy 11th Birthday Miss Chipotle!

Happy 11th Birthday Jahari!

> February 6, 2014 - Zoo Friend Birthday Today!

Happy 12th Birthday Hercules!


> February 5, 2014 - Zoo Friend Birthday Today!

Happy Birthday Nikos!

> February 4, 2014 - Zoo Friend Birthday Today!

Happy 6th Birthday Nataani!

> February 3, 2014 - Visited the Zoo today and got this snap :)  Family Farm Intern Katie got crafty awesome and made a banner in Honor of Celebrating the Year of the Horse!   Yay! Ben!



> January 31, 2014 -  Wow farthest behind I've ever been, my apologies!  Will try to remedy this on the weekend.  Til then, here's a wonderful photo of  my Family Farm Friend Ben  :)  ... 
Happy Year of the Ben :)  aka ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.