Saturday, September 15, 2018

Chimps Experience Their New SkyTrail For First Time! + Chimp Expansion Update!

Yesterday afternoon, someone messaged me and said, the SkyTrail is open!  Surprised to hear this as they were still working on it a few days ago and the building it leads to is still not ready.  

I heard they had access for a short time before the Zoo opened and that they were making happy sounds!  I cried.  Its been along time coming for these babies to have something new and exciting.  They have waited over twenty years.

After shedding tears of joy for these babies, I snapped a thumbs up pic, no care that I had no brows done, just happy to document the moment!   Glad I was able to help them secure the Zoo as their forever home and  make sure they got some new, exciting experiences added to their lives! 


I love these Friends and am so happy their journey to new experiences is about to begin!  The building won't be ready for at least another month, and the outside yard longer, but its all happening for them.  My Precious Chimpers waited the suits out!  Over three years in the making and these babies sat and watched every single day of it.  Congratulations Minnie, Maggie and Cobby!

From the start I have envisioned their reaction the first time they took to the trail.  I knew they would be happy, talking, and smiling huge as I've seen before.  There is no way anyone could imagine how they must have felt, leaving the Triple Grotto for the first time in near fifty years.  They can see out of course, but the sense of freedom, walking on their own, beyond the walls of the only place they've known for all those years, must be amazing.

I checked the Zoo's Facebook and Twitter and not a mention of this.  No Photos, No Video.  No Nothing.  I realize this was a brief test, but it was their First Time experiencing something like this.  And again, the first time they've been out in five decades!  This was a big deal and in my opinion should have been documented and shared.  When the Snow Leopard Cubs first went outside, the Zoo had Media there (in my opinion prematurely), and no one documents the Chimps big adventure?  Unbelievable!  Well not really, but still.  Geez.  So many of us would have loved to have seen the Chimps faces.  I'm sure those initial expressions were priceless.

For those who aren't familiar with the Chimps history and plight at the Zoo, you can learn more on my blog dedicated to them.  http://savesfzoochimps.blogspot.com/

Cobby with SkyTrail in background

I've taken more clips of the Chimp Expansion for Updates, than I've had time to put together and post.  Good timing that I had a current handful, so I could include it in this post.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaeuMporhSg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.