Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hoot! So Lucky, I Saw The Chimps In The SkyTrail!

Great news!  Yesterday while I was visiting the Chimps, they got access to the SkyTrail!  They seemed to really like it, I think they will be even more happy with it when it leads to an open end and into the Playroom.  It was great to see them exploring something new.  So happy and lucky to catch this!  I just missed capturing a photo of all three standing side by side looking out, but here's a few solo.




I have heard in addition to the access I previously wrote about, that they have gone out before the has Zoo opened.  I don't know if its been everyday since, but aside from Cobby who was very excited and active, Minnie and Maggie seem relatively unfazed.  Minnie went up and smiled and hooted a bit with Cobs, but after some initial investigation and smiles, Mags went back inside.  I did hear that all three were very excited and animated, the very first time, which of course was expected.  As I wrote before, the Zoo really did a disservice to those who love the Chimps by not documenting it and posting, so everyone could enjoy the joy they were experiencing for the first time.  That was a moment that won't be repeated.  Hopefully the Zoo will take note and document their first access to the new Playroom and new Yard when those times come.

That all said, I heard there is actually a video, taken by a Docent.  This Docent posted it to her Facebook and someone I know saw it.  Lucky I got a play by play of the fun!  I later heard from someone else that the Zoo didn't like that it was posted.?  Not sure what the problem is, it was taken during a time the Zoo was open.  Friday was Member's Morning, the Zoo opened from 9-10a for Member's.  Any Member could have done the same thing.  Instead of being mad about it, the Zoo should be thankful someone documented their first time and share the video for all to see.

Anyway, here's the link to my video, for all to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bciNektpLo8&feature=youtu.be

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.