Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Kindness at the Zoo!

Since today is  World Kindness Day I thought I would share something I witnessed yesterday at the Zoo. I was walking by and some people were trying to pick something up off the ground with a leaf and I asked them what they were trying to save and they said a Bee. And I relayed that I had read when Bees are on the ground it often means they're tired and are in need of some sugar so if you give them a little bit of sugar water it helps them. These rescuers were going to just put the Bee in some random area but I told them about the Bee hive near there, (there are three at the Zoo) and took them a few steps further and showed them where it was and told them to lay the leaf under the fencing there so that the hopefully if the Bee was okay maybe it's colony was there and would help it if need be.


There are many sites and videos about reviving tired Bees.  This is just one of them.

https://www.prokleen.co.uk/blog/index.php/2018/06/01/how-to-revive-tired-bees/

FYI: Some of the honey used for Animal treats is sourced from the Zoos hives.

Be Kind To Animals Everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.