Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving! See Chimps in Their New Playroom!

I'm probably not going to have time to write this tonight so I'm posting it now (from the phone), so those who care will know in advance in case you're able to come out and see these babies in their new area!

When the rain let up I took my walk and all the construction stuff was down in front of the Pachyderm Building and moved beyond the SkyTrail toward the construction for the new outdoor area. The SkyTrail was open so The Chimps were inside their new play area today!  Too bad they weren't at the window i might have seen them today.

I talked to someone who said that they'll open it to the public tomorrow! This is really exciting and I'm glad that I happened upon it today otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to see it until next week.


An update to my previous post which I posted this morning because I fell asleep last night before I got a chance to!

I actually did get some of the questions answered from that post. So they're going to start introductions with Qadeer next week possibly and they think that it will go smoothly. There'll be an opportunity for our three residents to see him from inside the playroom to inside the night quarters as I understand it. ... Also will indeed still be getting more Chimps and that will happen next year.

Good things happening for these precious babies.  Hope everyone can come out and experience this journey with them.

Previous Post
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/11/meet-zoos-new-chimpanzee-chimp.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.