Saturday, November 23, 2019

I Support Empathy and Compassion - Orangutan Update Week Fourteen 11.18.19

Tuesday November 19, was the Three Month mark that the Orangutans have had no other outside access, than the Skytrails.  

The Orangutans housing consists of their indoor quarters and two Skytrails, that are meant to be walkways between areas, NOT Habitats!

A couple months ago, a Volunteer asked me if I was an Empath.  I had never really thought about the word. Which by definition is a Person with the ability to be affected by the emotional state of another Being.  In other words, feel what another is feeling.  It is catorgized in the paranormal sense, since it alludes that you then can literally feel others emotions.  Personally, I can not understand boiling it down to this rationalization.  I mean, where does the clinical definition between being an Empath relate to just having Empathy and Compassion for another Being?   I certainly express physical emotion for Non-Human Beings, as I put myself in their place.  Does this make me an Empath?  In my opinion everyone should be an Empath then.

Recently, I got into a conversation with another Volunteer, who I don't normally have any interaction with.  We were at Chimps and Amoi was in the trail looking down at us.  As she spoke to Amoi, we entered into a conversation about the situation.  While this person seemed to agree this is not the best thing for the Orangutans, they also noted the no money excuse for not doing the best by the Animals (not just the Orangutans).  Note, I will always maintain that appropriate housing or funds for the build be in place BEFORE a new Animal is acquired.  This person  also said, "I'm a Tanya supporter", (Tanya Peterson the San Francisco Zoo Director).   I simply said, that I was not.  We didn't further discuss it much, other than we both have our opinions, because on my part, I'm not going to put myself in the position to be retaliated against for sharing my opinion with certain Staff.  

Hearing someone say the words, "Tanya supporter", I find very curious.  Now, there is a long list of Fails under Director Tanya Peterson, I don't need to list them here, as I have well documented the ones that have come my way.  That said, concentrating on this one moral crime, not having an appropriate place (more accurately, no place) for the Orangutans to live, I have to ask of those who are supporters, What exactly are you supporting?  Do you think Director Peterson is doing the right thing for the Orangutans?  Why would you support someone who has denied these Beings, an environment that is suitable to live in?  A place they can move about without touching the sides of their container?  A place they can stretch their long arms high above their heads?  A place they can move about naturally by climbing and swinging?  They need and deserve as living Beings an appropriate home.  How can you support someone who is denying them that?

I Support those with Empathy and Compassion.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.