Friday, July 21, 2023

Former VP of HR is Now Deputy Director? - A New Level Of WTF?

This is a big effin' Good Grief!

I'm sorry, but I seriously got to hate on this, because of who it is AND  because it shows continued mismangement on the part of San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson.  

So I learned last week that Director Peterson has promoted Vitus Leung, the VP of Human Resources to Deputy Director. ... Where do I start? 

I've had an issue with this guy for over three years, since he called one of our Animal Residents Ugly!!!  

I will go on, but in my opinion, NO ONE that works in an Animal Care Facility should be calling the Animals names.  So, I hope some of you can understand why I am outraged that this guy is now Deputy Director.  Someone who doesn't respect the Animals, who has been sucking $190,000+ salary out of the Zoo's payroll as VP of HR, is now being rewarded with a promotion.  Unreal. But hey, we have a Director that that called a 50 year old male Owl a drag queen, and kept Orangutans in a caged tube for eight months.

In a post dated March 8, 2020, I relayed an interaction I witnessed as part of a multi-issue post.


I can not express enough, how wrong I think this is.  

I have to assume there are many on staff that feel the same way.  If calling the Animals derogatory names, isn't enough, this guy isn't even qualified.  He's about as qualified as Director Peterson, who became Director with no Animal Care and allegedly no management experience.  I'm more qualified than the both of them!  At least I care, which is a character quality evident that neither one of them possess.  I seriously can't believe this.  There is a highly qualified staffer, who would have been an obvious choice, and probably others more qualified than Vitus, so his appointment seems to be motivated by personal favoritism, and this allegedly isn't the first time.  

When the previous Deputy Director retired, I thought that was the end of that title.  Why?  He was the first and only to hold that position.  It was an alleged promotion after claims of inappropriate behavior toward him by two high level staffers.  So, to see someone unqualified elevated to this position, is curious.  It seems to scream, personal agenda, part of which includes this is just another yes mam person to pick-up Director Peterson's slack.  She can't even dial into the monthly Joint Zoo Meeting.  I seriously don't know what this woman does to earn $320,000 a year plus bonuses, because it's not managing the Zoo with it's best interest in mind.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.