Sunday, June 19, 2022

SFZoo In The News - Tucker Fun and New Zoo Rescues

I had this at the end of my last post, but it didn't feel right there.  Still wanting to share this, I've also included some Zoo news, most probably know about.  It's good to write a completely favorable post.  It's been along time.

> Following Tucker In Cincinnati!

A fun offering for you all, who might not have seen this.  The other day Cincinnati Zoo Hippo Keeper Jenna was interviewed about our Tucker and the anticipated arrival of the babie he has fathered there.  

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-zoo-fiona-bibi-tucker-pregnancy-baby-tickets/40311936

Also note you can now subscribe to their new Hippo Cam and watch Tucker and his family all day!   Visit the Cincinnati Zoo website for that.

> Zoo Gives Home To Parrots In Need

https://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francisco-zoo-takes-in-3-parrot-chicks-rescued-from-smugglers

I am always happy to hear when the Zoo takes in Wildlife in need of a home.  There are so many Animals that are sadly caught in situations where they can not be returned to their wild homes.  Homes are often hard to find, as space is limited and the amount of those in need seems to be endless.  So, kudos to the Zoo for this.  I hope they take advantage of the education aspect of this with signage in the Aviary.  Every bit of awareness to help deter horrific actions against Wildlife and all Animals is needed wherever it can be shared.

As I've stated in previous posts over the years, I am in favor of the Zoo using space to provide homes to rescuing Animals in need before acquiring those in the Zoo system.  I will be making note of that in one of my upcoming posts, regarding one of the many spaces that are currently under construction. This long standing draft went from one post, to two, and now might be three.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


2 comments:

  1. So glad the zoo took in the parrots. They need to do more rescue like the Oakland Zoo does. This is a step in the right direction though. I love Tucker. I follow him daily. He's one happy Hippo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoological gardens were once places started by collects of local fauna, with a mix of exotics here and there. And this small grouping of animals began foundation of a zoo. Which happened in many of large cities. Gosh Oakland and recent rescue of 2 cougars is what zoo's should be about. The corruption of AZA breeding guidelines species holding has warped the purpose of a zoo. Hopefully SF ZOO can further find greater compassion of all wildlife they dream of educating the city they wallow in?

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.