Sunday, June 19, 2022

Updates ... Dead Fish, Bison, Rec and Parks Non-Response and Chimpanzee Memorial Wall

 > Dead Fish

A full week has gone by and not surprisingly, I never received a call back from the Rec and Park in regard to my inquiry about what they put in South Lake that killed all those poor Fish.  

Anxious to have a look at the water and check for removal, my first stop Monday morning was South Lake.  Thankfully all the bodies were gone, so they obviously responded to my request to take care of that.  The other thing to document is that the water was completely back to its normal green color.  It would seem, and I am not alone in this theory, that indeed there had to be some kind of chemical added to the lake water for me to witness the color change and death that I did.  I must have been there not long after the contamination, as less than three full days later, the water was back to normal.  I find it hard to believe that if there was a natural toxin such as algae (as the gardener said they might claim), that it would have dissipated.  It just doesn't seem logical, but if someone can educate me on this I welcome the knowledge.  I would have asked the Rec and Park, but again they didn't have the courtesy to respond.

I use the word courtesy, when of course there are other aversions people have to not entering into conversations. Either they have no logical response or because they do not have the ability mentally, vocabulary wise, or speaking wise to handle adult conversations when confronted with questions.  I use the word confronted in the same way I would use the word approach, not in a confrontational way but again, confronted with logical questions.  Then there is also that they take the position of, they just don't have too, which is not only rooted in feeling elite, but is just plain lame. 

I'm going to digress and give a couple of examples of that as they have popped into my mind right now, and are actually relevant to the mind-set of how Zoo positions of power work.

The first thing that comes to mind is one time in 2015 when I was crusading for our Chimpanzees.  I was at a Joint Zoo Meeting one of the months following the Meeting when Director Peterson was forced to give-up her plan to kick out our senior Chimps.  I was still on the situation as nothing for them had been done yet.  I stood up at the meeting to seek answers regarding what the time frame for starting work on their new home would be, as they had seemingly been back-burnered, while other project builds were in motion.  Director Peterson gave some answer that required further questioning.  She couldn't answer any of my questions and she just put her head down and ignored me.  I said, so you're not even going to look at me when I'm talking to you and asking you valid questions?  She didn't respond.  I said, well I'm just going to keep on talking then and I got my my words out (not that they made it into the Minutes) and as soon as I paused, the Rec and Park Commissioner said, okay we're done now, and off we go.  They were just humoring me, because they have to let the public speak.  Just like they humored the Keepers every time they approached with things that were concerns they had regarding Animal care.  Watching that exchange was disturbing.  The Committee panel basically endured having to listen to them.  In addition to witnessing literal eye rolling, not one panel member ever engaged the concerns, and one even scolded the Keepers saying this was not the forum to address these concerns.  Moving forward from that time frame which was also in 2015, the Meeting hours were changed to make it impossible for the Keepers to attend, and that was the last year I think the meetings were held at the Zoo, making it further impossible for Keepers to be heard.  

>Bison

I also went by the Bison Paddock Monday and Wednesday.  No sprinklers on, but there was a sprinkler outside the Paddock, watering the same one tree both days.  Just realized I can tune into the Bison Cam daily and keep track of just how often that timed sprinkler inside the Paddock is actually going off.

For those who don't know about the Bison Cam, you can check it out here.

https://www.goldengatepark150.com/bison

> Chimpanzee Memorial Wall

I recently posted about an idea for a permanent Memorial for our beloved passed Chimpanzees.  The notation included a photo of the idea I mocked-up.  Using the word Memorandum didn't sit well with me.  It's a sad word.  So now I've changed it.  Not that I think the Zoo will take my suggestion, as it would indicate, that they took my suggestion, but just in case, might as well put the better wording out there.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*








2 comments:

  1. It's so obvious that Park and Rec poisoned that lake. You totally must have caught it right after it happened. The fact that they never answered you back, to me, shows guilt. I feel bad for the Bison. Again, another fail for not creating green grass. I like the chimp idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chimpanzee plaques is a essential great idea, and necessary reminder of their home under zoo's care. Will it take a swift kick in the behind to have it m as materialize? How embarrassing the bison dry field grasses, poisoned lake and dead fish. The deafening silence speaks volumes of absence compassion for zoo/ park responsiblity under their care. It's this absence there of mirrors their failed message why anyone should support this zoo. Grade card solid: F! Fire them all!

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.