Thursday, May 16, 2024

Area Resident Speaks Out In Letter To The Editor

As I work on several posts at a time, a friend messaged me that there is a Zoo related Letter to the Editor posted in today's Chronicle.

I support everyone's voice for wanting better for our Zoo, but aside from the last paragraph, I have to disagree with some things written here.  

In defense of Keepers, Maintenance and Horticulture, I can not think of an enclosure that is occupied, that is not clean and well-kept.  Despite the mismanagement, and other offenses by Zoo Director Tanya Peterson, the above departments work hard to keep the Animals homes and Zoo grounds in good condition.  

Yes, there are too many vacant enclosures, but the only one I can think of that is visible to the public and "over-grown", is the former Seal Lion Pool, shown in the Chronicle article, that this letter is reacting to.  

I also appreciate people sharing their "fond" memories from the past, but the experiences noted in this letter, pertain to outdated "attractions", and that should be taken into consideration.  

Coincidentally, I had planned to write a Letter To The Editor myself this weekend, as I submitted an op-ed two weeks ago that did not get published.  Maybe too much for them (op-eds are 800-900 words, letters 200 max),  considering they seem to have extended their initial article into a multi-part series.  

I will publish my op-ed submission in the next post.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blogger's Statement

"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."

For Full Statement see this post:

https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*








No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.