Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sacramento, San Diego, Re-Opening! - Other Zoos Safety Plans

In the wake of California Governor Newsom's press release last week, stating an updated Re-Opening Timeline, this week has brought two CA Zoos taking advantage of the first approved date listed.

News yesterday put San Diego Zoo as the first California Zoo to Re-Open, stating it would be open this Friday June 12th, to Members and to the Public Monday. By this afternoon, the new date of June 20th was reported. No information available as to why the change.

Sacramento Zoo, is the next CA Zoo to announce Re-Opening, with this Friday as their date for Members, Public on Monday June 15th.

This news article has a video that shows some of the safety protocols that will be in place. Wish it were longer, I think it's an important thing to do, both for awareness and for creating community endearment.  In a previous post I noted that I thought SFZoo should do a video showing changes they have made.

I saw this one a couple weeks ago that I thought was really good.  I also liked seeing the entrance to Omaha (where our Orangutan Lady Amoi is from), I smiled to see they have a huge screen at the entrance.  This was an idea I suggested to SFZoo many, many years ago.  I think it's a great tool, to put forth many messages.

Another good one from Cincinnati Zoo.  Gotta admit the e-ticket situation makes me anxious.  I normally visit SFZoo three mornings a week.  The Cincinnati Zoo info notes Member slots as Sold-Out certain days, and I have also read about some Zoos Member slots in Zoos that have already re-opened are sold out up to a month in advance.  I understand all aspects, that online ticketing is necessary, and that with reduced admission, there needs to be a decent portion of non-member admissions for daily revenue aspect, but there should be a good amount of allegiance to what Membership is supposed to entail. Personally I think the 30-minute arrival window or forfeit admission is a but much.  Sometimes shit happens and being late is unavoidable.  If someone makes an effort to support your place with a visit, they need to be let in. ... Make sure to watch the video.  As mentioned I think videos are a great way to familiarize visitors with the changes.  It also shows they have masks for sale, which was another one of my ideas.  Printed or custom masks would be awesome, and generate funds, but having something as simple as disposable surgical masks, really should be available for those people who are still clueless and will inevitably show up without one.  
http://cincinnatizoo.org/prepare-for-your-zoo-visit/

Good one from Columbus Zoo too ... Glad Face Covering is mandatory in San Francisco, even if the majority still think it doesn't apply to them.  If that's you, Shame on you.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MwcVgGSBVfA&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1wE0g2uulC9k1jE-fJufARN_a3foEoRCexyt-KRW0O9eOzJqXt3qzeSLA

This was posted in an article about UK Zoo.  I like the distancing from exhibit windows, so if spaced six feet apart in rows, it seems everyone can see.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Blogger's Statement
"Personal Opinions and Facts presented publicly are Not against the law or any rules. ... Censorship and Retaliation Actions in an attempt at Suppression are frowned upon by Healthy Societies."
For Full Statement see this post:
https://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-zoo-status.html
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.