Saturday, April 20, 2013

Goat Babies Have Arrived! - San Clemente Goat Gives Birth!

In case you missed my original post about the arrival of the new Goats to the Family Farm, you can read about it, as well as see photos (and a video link) of their arrival at this link.


As I wrote in that post, three San Clemente Island Goats have joined the Family at the Farm :)  This breed is new to the Zoo.  They are three females, Twin Girls, Rosa and Rita (Two years old) and their Mother, Ramona (Five years old).  The Twins both arrived already pregnant, so that their Kids (what babie Goats are called) could be born at the Farm.

The exciting news is that Rosa gave birth to Twins on Thursday morning! The Keeper came in and there they were!  Little wet babies, a Boy and a Girl, who she named Brooks and Shania :)  They are doing wonderful! ... Rosa's Sister Rita is due to give birth at any moment!   I can't wait for all the cuteness, fun and joy they will provide!   

 Kids at 6 days old

Here are some photos of the Girls I took recently and have been meaning to post!

 Congratulations Rosa!

Rita

Ramona

To keep updated on the Kids and all your Family Farm Friends, like my Fan Page on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-of-the-San-Francisco-Zoo-Family-Farm-Friends/425684734187762

I will post some videos of the Kids over the next day
you can check my YouTube Channel
or get updates on the Facebook Page  :)

2 comments:

  1. baby goats, what could be more fun! thanks so much for sharing all the news and your videos of these wonderful animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @hazel- Thank you for your comment. I apologize for the delay in reply. Know that your comments are always appreciated! ... Glad you enjoyed these cuties! In the wake of losin gWakoda I had not posted but Rosa's sister Rita gave birth the first Sunday in May to Twin Girls :) So there are now four new kids! The new girls have been named Dakoda (in honor of Wakoda! :) and Maverick. I haven't met them yet because I just can't go to Wakodas barn or the Farm for that matter.

      Delete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.