Sunday, April 21, 2013

Its Earth Day at the Zoo! - Now Maybe the Churro Girls Can Go Back Home!

Today is the Zoo's Earth Day Event.  They are having activities in their recently created "Nature Exploration Meadow", which is where they have the Navajo Churro Girls (Sheep) penned up.

In Mid-February I wrote a detailed post about the situation with the Churro Girls, please read it for more information.


In short the Zoo moved these Girls to this area to have "something" there when the Reindeer left.  They allegedly masked the truth about the reasoning and duration of this "temporary" move, that was supposed to be two months and is now indefinite.  First it was the "Reindeer" thing, then it was "Earth Day", now its til the Playground is done.  I heard the playground allegedly isn't going to be done on time, so what does that mean for these Girls?  The Zoo continues to add stuff to the area that shows they intend on it being a permanent "exhibit".   

There are many issues with the Girls being there, mainly, this is not the home they know.  They have lived at the Childrens Zoo Family Farm since arriving at the Zoo.  Their Friends are there.  Their life is there.  Being penned up here is like putting them in prison.  They are bored.  They don't get any exercise  which they got when they were able to roam free at the Farm panhandling for treats.  The only time I see them up is when a Keeper is there or I walk up.  Since they know me, they sometimes get up and come over to me and they start talking!  They are asking me if I'm bringing them home and sadly I'm not.  Its heartbreaking to see them there behind bars.



The Zoo pats themselves on themselves on the back talking about Animal "Wellness" so much, MY shoulder hurts.  Yet they do things like this that are not in the best interest of the Animal.

Call to action San Francisco Zoo, Take the Churro Girls back to the Farm!



Your little experiment failed.  They are bored, they need their friends.  They want to go home.   



Earth Day will be over tomorrow.  Keep your little play area til the playground is finished.  All the kids do when they go up there is get sticks from your "nature" piles and beat things.  Let it be a picnic area.  The Peacocks like it, the Sheep need to be on the Farm.  Do the Right Thing!

I will also note that in the months they have been there, the Zoo didn't even have the respect to put up a sign that says the Sheep are back there, yet they have put up a sign for the area.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As with all posts,
please expand comments
for additional insight and information.
Check back as I reply to all comments.
Contact the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson
if you want your voice heard.
Thank You for taking the time to read
about things that matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.