Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Zoo Outtings Synopsis - Sunday May 4, 2014

From my blog mysanfranciscozooouttings.blogspot.com

>May 4, 2014 - International Respect Chickens Day!

This Awareness Day is to bring attention to the way Chickens used as Meat are kept.  It is promoted by Vegan Groups.  Myself I am neither Vegan or Vegetarian (Yet!)  I have never been a big meat eater, but have really cut down over the past few yrs, with very little Chicken being the only meat I now eat and I never eat anything off the bone.  But, thats just me.  Most of my give-up has been because of Animals I've met.  The Zoo Farm Turkeys are the sole reason I stopped eating Turkey.  The Zoo Farm Chickens are the reason I am on my way to completely cutting out Chicken. And, YES I do feel like hypocrite when I hang out with these awesome little Friends.   That said, please take a look at this link and Educate yourself on what these Animals go through.  Maybe make some changes in your intake.  

My Precious Little Farm Friends :)

>April 28, 2014 - New Patas Monkey Babie! 

Got to see the cute little thing today :)  This is the first Patas Babie I've ever seen!  Congratulations to Mama Winnie and Papa Patrick, your little one is lovely :)

Video :)

1 comment:

  1. Lee, a tigers best friendJune 1, 2014 at 10:40 PM

    I have gotten to enjoy watching the patas mommy and baby. She's a really great mommy and that baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

*Thank you for your comment. All comments are appreciated and I try my best to reply back in a timely manner. Sometimes timely isn't possible, but I will reply to all comments at some point. Please check back.
*If you have a problem commenting, don't see your comment (within 24 hours), or want to contact me for any other reason, please use the about.me link on the sidebar.
*You can be a Voice for the SFZoo Animals by Contacting the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson at tanyap@sfzoo.org
*Thank You for taking the time to read about things that matter to me.